Terms and Conditions of Letting
Please read these Terms and Conditions of your holiday booking carefully as any departure from them permits management to refuse access, amend or terminate the booking.
- Please ensure all receipt details are accurate.
- Your cottage will be available from 2:00 pm on the day of arrival and is to be vacated by 10:00 am on the day of departure.
- A deposit of 50% of the total tariff must be received to confirm your booking. Payments can be made by internet or bank transfer, cheque, money order or eftpos. All credit card payments for deposits and balance of payments will incur a 2.5% merchant fee. A fee for dishonoured cheques will be payable at the current bank rate.
- Full payment and the signed Security Bond Authorisation Form/Guest Register are due prior to your arrival.
- Cancellations are refunded only when the cottage is relet for an equal number of days/dollar value. All cancellations are subject to a $50 administration fee. No refund on any unused portion of a confirmed holiday booking will be made.
- No rescheduling of bookings will be accepted within one month of your stay. Rescheduling will be considered on a case by case basis. An administration fee of $50 will be incurred on each reschedule.
- For your convenience our office will be open every day from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm in summer and 9.00 am to 5.00 pm in winter. The office closes between 1.00pm and 2.00 pm. Our on-site caretaker will be available from sunset to sunrise in case of emergency.
- Your Security Bond Authorisation will be effected without prior notice if the premises are left in an unsatisfactory condition on your departure. An administration fee of $50 will be charged if a bond claim is processed. Unsatisfactory conditions shall include, but not be limited to:
- The premises requiring extra cleaning
- Loss or damage occurred to the cottage, its precinct or inclusions
- Loss or damage resulting from the premises being left unsecured
- Management further reserves the right to make a claim on the security bond, without notice, to recover any costs incurred due to guests’ or guests’ visitors’ failure to comply with the terms and conditions.
- Upon receipt of your final payment and signed Security Bond Form/Guest Register an access code will be issued allowing entrance through the lighthouse gate. This access code is to be kept confidential as only guests’ vehicles are authorised by NPWS to be on site.
- Your receipt notes the maximum number of guests permitted in your cottage. Please inform us at the office prior to receiving any day or night visitors. NPWS strictly permits a total of 20 people across the three cottages, at any one time. For safety purposes your visitors’ names will be noted.
- The lighthouse cottages are self contained, self-catering holiday accommodation. All bed and bath linen is provided, with our compliments.
- All furnishings and equipment must be left in the cottages as originally found. All damage, breakages or losses to the cottages and/or furniture/furnishings are to be reported to the office and arrangements made for reimbursement.
- All accommodation is for short-term holiday purposes only. Functions, parties and unauthorised guests are strictly prohibited. All bookings are accepted on the basis that utmost care and consideration is given to the cottages and neighbouring guests.
- No responsibility is taken for guests’ personal property left on the premises. Items left on departure will be posted COD.
- Guests are responsible for the safekeeping of accommodation keys. Replacement of any lost keys will incur a fee.
- As car parking space is limited, only 2 motor vehicles per cottage can be housed in the garage area. Vehicles are permitted to drive to the cottages for loading and unloading purposes. No responsibility is taken for guests’ vehicles.
- Removal of excess garbage is your responsibility. If left on site a fee of $20 will be charged.
- As the lighthouse site is located in the Myall Lakes National Park all native flora and fauna are protected. The feeding of any native animals is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not permitted on site under any circumstances.
- No smoking is allowed in any of the cottages.
- Seal Rocks area is subject to power outages and we take no responsibility for any inconvenience or damage to your property that may occur.